Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A slow night

Last night was a slow night. I arrived at work just before 5 p.m. and sat around with 4 other drivers for about an hour before I took my first delivery. During the down time we basically fooled around and talked some trash.

During the down time Driver Drew (there is another Drew, the manager) decided to prank call Chris (the geeky assistant manager). So, from the lobby Driver Drew called Geeky Chris and started asking about specials. Drew and Chris were about two feet apart, face-to-face and Chris didn't realize it was Drew on the line for about five minutes. Sometimes, Geeky Chris is also, Dummy Chris.

Anyways, it was a pretty boring night. There was a lot of sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. I didn't really think I was going make much money until the last two runs of the night. That is when a Hispanic chick gave me $6 and a rich old white guy gave me $10 (rich old white guys are the best).

I work again on Saturday and the weekends are always crazy, so I should have some good posts to share after that.

Total runs: 7
Tips made : $42

No comments: