Monday, August 11, 2008

Don't bite the messenger

If I would have known starting this blog would cause all my customers to always tip, I would have started it a long time ago. As often as I typically get stiffed, I would have thought my wall of shame would be nearly endless by now. But I am still waiting for our first victim.

Last night ended up being a pretty good night. I didn't get stiff and made $47 in tips. It was mostly a steady night, not too busy or too slow. As far as interesting things there was only one thing and it seems pretty tame.

I delivered to an apartment. As I stood waiting on the porch, from a near by park running up the stairs with her dog. Well, it is probably more accurate to say she was being dragged by her dog. The dog was a huge black German Shepard and it was barreling at me. The woman wasn't strong enough to control it and she fell to her knees as the dog made its way toward me.

I stood still, cornered on the front porch, wondering what the dog would do. Fortunately, the dog was friendly and instead of ripping my head off, it simply smelled me and barked a lot. I know these seems more like a mailman's blog, but i could have been attacked.

I love big dogs, but I also think you better be able to control your dog. But end the end it wasn't a big deal, just an excited dog. Plus, I made a $3 tip.

I work again on Tuesday night. Maybe we can add someone to the wall of shame then.

Tips made: $47
Orders taken: 12
Miles driven: 41

No comments: